Using Basic Instinct
At the Children's Aid Society Benefit I met this woman who looked like Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct. We really got along so I gave her my card. Then next day I get a call from her saying that she really had a great time meeting me but that she thinks she left her blackberry in my apartment.
Since I stopped drinking a couple of months ago I know that she didn't come back to my apartment. An hour later I get a second message from her saying that she left the message on the wrong number. She also said that she really did enjoy meeting me and left her cell number so we could "keep in touch."
From my perspective it's sort of like thinking that the waitress is going to bring out a specially prepared dish when it's really coming from a buffet. I do give her credit for the smooth, cheerful way she's presented it. So here's my question: If one's appetite has been stirred, then they find out the restaurant has finished serving the special should they go to another restaurant or should settle for the buffet?
I'd really like to get your opinion so post your comments!
Since I stopped drinking a couple of months ago I know that she didn't come back to my apartment. An hour later I get a second message from her saying that she left the message on the wrong number. She also said that she really did enjoy meeting me and left her cell number so we could "keep in touch."
From my perspective it's sort of like thinking that the waitress is going to bring out a specially prepared dish when it's really coming from a buffet. I do give her credit for the smooth, cheerful way she's presented it. So here's my question: If one's appetite has been stirred, then they find out the restaurant has finished serving the special should they go to another restaurant or should settle for the buffet?
I'd really like to get your opinion so post your comments!

6 Comments:
At 12:16 PM,
Anonymous said…
I love the amount of time everyone has to attend all the events. I guess having a child and a wife is quiet a different lifestyle.........but that being said, the women I dated in the 80's and 90's seemed to have something going on upstairs.......
I feel bad for the single crowd now, definately not old school........
At 12:34 PM,
Anonymous said…
That's definately one of those red flags to not walk, but run in the other direction as fast as you can. On the otherhand if you haven't been laid in a few weeks, at least you know it's a sure thing if you pump a few drinks in her and get her back to your place. Just be sure to use lots of protection and look for any open soars. Just my 2 cents...
At 12:41 PM,
Anonymous said…
I get the feeling you are looking to meet a better class of women. However I think these "high society" circles you travel in will keep your blogg stocked with stories for life. Maybe I think it's the buffet you want? Perception is reality my friend.
At 12:56 PM,
Ailyn said…
lol - that was hysterical. to answer the question though, i say it depends on the quality of the buffet ya know?
At 1:40 PM,
Anonymous said…
That is aweful. I'm a 25 year old female and that sort of thing really grosses me out! If I were a guy, I wouldn't touch her with a 10 foot pole!!
What's most upsetting is how women like her make it that much harder for those of us who have respect for outselves to be taken seriously!
At 3:19 PM,
Anonymous said…
Well, if it looked like a nice buffet (which I assume it is, or you wouldn't be soliciting opinions on the issue), go for the buffet. Then go to another restaurant for dessert. Snap!
Post a Comment
<< Home